Tuesday, August 7, 2007

So delicious and so comforting!

The recipe I made tonight was created by nestie MaryEllen and as soon as I saw it for the first time, I knew it would be love at first bite. I've made a few minor modifications and it is just fabulous! Here is my version:

Turkey Stroganoff Casserole
Ingredients

- 1 package ground turkey
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 8 oz whole wheat noodles
- 2 packages dry gravy mix (enough for 2 cups)
- Salt, pepper, red pepper flakes
- 1 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 4 oz shredded cheddar

Directions

In 3 separate pots, cook the egg noodles, gravy and meat (when you cook the meat, sauté in the crushed garlic, and spices). Once all three have cooked, combine them in a large mixing bowl (add the gravy slowly; you don’t have to use it all). Let cool for about 15 min. Stir in sour cream and 1/2 of the cheese. Mix well. Transfer to a baking dish. Top with the rest of the cheese. Bake on 375 for 20 min or until bubbly.





3 comments:

Brooke said...

That looks really good, I think I'll have to try it. How many servings do you think you got out of it?

Lauren said...

It makes 4 nice size servings.

Joy Through Cooking said...

http://megpug.blogspot.com/2007/08/ive-been-tagged.html

TAG!