Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Colorful, healthy and delicious!


When DH is away, I like to make things for myself that he doesn't normally like to eat. I've made chicken fried rice for him a few times and although he'll eat it, it's not his favorite thing. I, however, absolutely love it and couldn't wait to make it tonight. I made the rice last night so it would have the right texture for tonight.

Chicken Fried Rice
Ingredients
2 cups cold cooked brown rice
8 oz. chicken breast
Frozen mixed veggies (whatever you like or have on hand)
1 egg
Soy sauce
2 tsp olive oil
Garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper
Dice the chicken into small cubes and season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Heat oil in a saute pan and cook the chicken until browned on the outside and almost cooked through in the middle. In the meantime, cook about a cup of frozen mixed veggies in the microwave until thawed. Add the cold rice to the chicken and mix together. Heat for a few minutes and then add the veggies. Heat a few more minutes and then push the whole mixture to the side. Crack the egg into the pan and scramble until cooked, then mix with the chicken and rice mixture. Season again if needed and then add soy sauce (again, however much you like - I probably used 1/4-1/3 cup). Mix well one last time and then serve!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Looks wonderful! I want try some fried rice.